Sunday, March 30, 2008
Articles about Teenagers
I found a few articles about teenagers one was from ProJo. com it was about a teenage boy from Lincoln that was found guilty of driving to endanger death resulting and driving to endanger, serious injury resulting, from a car accident that happened on Oct. 15, 2007. His cousin died as a result of the accident and he was overheard prior to the accident bragging about how he got his Chevy Cavalier up to 106 mph on Route 295. The front page of the articles shows a picture of him crying in the courtroom, which I find ironic considering he looks like a big, strong guy. Another article I found was from abc news. com and it was titled, "Why Teens Act Like Teens". It included information that scientific research may explain why teenager do the things they do. Scientists are saying that teens brains will not be fully developed until the age of 25. The third article I found was from projo.com and it was about an 18 year old girl that stabbed another woman during a confrontation, killing her. The woman is being charged with first degree murder and the altercation the two women got into was said to be over a man. These three articles are all very different in the way they portray teenagers, but they are all facing the consequences for their careless actions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So do you see these as contributing to our dominant discourses? Interesting finds!
Post a Comment